Welcome to Sausalito
Sausalito is all about being close to the water, and a place to enjoy some of the most dramatic views in Marin. These are picturesque, world-renown views that make for a gorgeous backdrop. The full moon is huge when it comes up over the horizon; rising over Angel Island, and then reflecting off the bay, is a sight one never forgets. The location is just across the Golden Gate Bridge to San Francisco, so close to the city it almost feels like a San Francisco neighborhood. Very easy commute even by bike and ferry. Located right on the bay - perfect for sailing and yachting. Lots of good restaurants. The north side, with Caledonia Street, is favored by locals.
Sausalito Real Estate Insights
Sausalito real estate is in high demand.
- October-December 2022 median single-family house: $2,476,000
- October-December 2022 single-family average $/square foot: $1268
- October-December 2022 single-family house sales: 14
- 2021 Oct YTD highest price sale: $5,050,000
- Known for: dramatic views, sailboats, San Francisco ferry, houseboats, best fireworks viewing, short SF commute
- Destinations: Calidona Street, Fish Restaurant, Club Nautique sailing school and charters, my office at 1505 Bridgeway
- Elevation: 10 feet
- Climate: Mediterranean with onshore breezes
- Summer highs/lows: high 60's/50's
- Winter highs/lows: Low 60's/50's
- Schools: Sausalito Marin City School District for primary school and the Tamalpais Union for high school
Contact the Bernard Link Group to find houses, estates & luxury homes for sale in Sausalito, CA.