It's December! The month where we all look at each other and say "Where did the year go"?
It's also the month to just chill out, appreciate life, and do a few things that are special to this celebratory time of the year.
Here are a few of our favorite Marin County December events:
1. ICB Open Studios in Sausalito. Located at 480 Gate 5 Road. There'll be 80 artists showing their work, and just might be the place to find that special holiday gift. Preview is Friday Dec 2 from 5:00-8:00, and continues on Saturday/Sunday Dec 3/4 from 11:00-5:00. While you're in town, check out local artist Linda Wegmann's fantastic work at our 1505 Bridgeway office down the road.
2. Mill Valley Holiday Crafts Fair. Held at the Mill Valley Community Center on Saturday, December 3rd from 10:00-4:00. This is the place to find handmade woodwork, jewelry, glass work, fiber arts, ceramics, and more.
3. Winterfest Mill Valley. Downtown Mill Valley on Sunday, December 5th. Give Santa your wishlist. It's a kids day with lots of games, including a rainbow slide, cornhole, jumpy house, and a tree lighting ceremony.
4. San Anselmo Breakfast With Santa on Saturday, December 10th at 8:00 AM. Located at the Ross Valley Fire Station at 777 San Anselmo Avenue. Great way to start to the day with a Santa vibe and hearty breakfast.
5. Sausalito Lighted Yacht & Fireworks Parade on Saturday, December 10th at 6:00 PM. Grab a spot along the shoreline, or make a reservation at one of Sausalito's many view restaurants. Make a reservation at The Trident or Scoma's for a great outlook. Get there early...good spots are easier to find at 5:00.
6. Marin Ballet Nutcracker on Saturday, December 10th at 1:00 and 5:00, and Sunday, December 11th at 1:00. Performed at the Marin Veterans Memorial Auditorium in San Rafael. Always a pleasure to see, year after year!